We all love the sunshine and wonderful environment here in Sunny Southwest Florida.
In this article Bug Off pest would like to provide some information about DIY and Pesticide Safety .
Most everyone has had these moments, there are those pesky ants eating my donuts again ! Honey I will be back, I am going to the local hardware store to grab some “name the brand” spray and be rid of these things!
Well let’s look at some facts surrounding these chemicals.
1. They are 99% WATER
2. They have Minimum effectiveness Why would they sell you something to solve the problem? Just like any other industry they want you to come back for more. The basic truth of the matter is that they only kill and control what they contact. So now you are wondering, what about the other Bugs ? Well they will be along shortly to pick up the bodies.
pesticide saftey is a crucial part of pest control
There are many types of insects that may be found in and around Southwest Florida homes. Most common is the creepy cockroach, which can become a problem when they hide in furniture or walls. Bed bugs are another common type of insect found in homes and businesses, especially those who use mattresses as their bed. Other common insects found in and around homes and businesses include ants, flies, mosquitoes, spiders and termites. There are also other insects that may be more of a nuisance than anything else. These include cockroaches, silverfish and house centipedes.
The scary thing is Mosquitos are a problem because they can transmit diseases such as West Nile Virus and Zika. In addition, mosquitoes carry the bacteria that causes Malaria. Mosquitos are attracted to body heat, so people who spend time outdoors in warm weather may be more at risk for mosquito bites than those who stay indoors all the time. Also the time of day, which would be dust can get overwhelming.
If you have a bug problem, it is important to call a professional pest control company who can help eliminate the bugs from your home or business with Pesticide Safety measures. In addition, if you see an insect that seems unusual or out of place in your home Complete Bug Off Pest free online estimate form for Charlotte County Florida and the surrounding areas.
What can I do to prevent nasty insects from entering my home? In order to keep insects out of your home, you need to use a pest control company that is licensed and has been trained in using proper techniques. Such as an Exclusion Service Provided by Bug Off Pest Charlotte County Fl. Properly treated insecticides are designed for use on the exterior of buildings and homes. This is because it is the exterior of a building that can provide insect habitat. When treating insecticides they are designed to break down quickly and not accumulate in the environment, such as water or soil. When properly applied, they will also be less likely to harm people and pets.
choosing a pest control company that has pesticide saftey can be a major decision.
Hiring a pest control company In Charlotte County Florida provides you with many options. Do your research and find one that is licensed and trained in proper techniques and Pesticide Safety, they will help you avoid unwanted pests. There are some things to look for when hiring a good pest control company. For example, the professional should be insured by the state, carry liability insurance of at least $1 million per occurrence and have a license from the State. In addition, you should check for a good track record of satisfied customers they should look like this Bug Off Pest Happy customers and ask about their service guarantee. The best pest control companies will be happy to answer any questions you have about their services. Do some research and find out about a Florida registered pest control company here.
How to keep from getting pest while using less chemicals.
1. Air movement: One of the most common way’s that insects enter your home or business is through air currents. You can prevent this by installing weather stripping on doors and windows to keep out unwanted pests. Also, it’s important to seal off cracks around doors and windows so the air cannot leak in. Do not leave window and doors open.
2. Water: Insects can enter your home through a leaky pipe or a faucet. If you have a water-damaged home, it’s important to have the problem fixed right away so that unwanted pests don’t get into your house.
3. Trash and compost: Trash and compost bins can attract unwanted pests. You should keep your trash cans away from the house, and keep your compost pile in a screened area.
4. Keep food in containers: Insects can get into your home through food that has been left out in the open. To prevent this, you should always keep food sealed in containers. Be careful what you buy and bring home from the store, inspect your food before storing it.
5. Moisture: The humidity in your home can attract insects and moisture to the walls, floor, and other areas of your house. It’s important to maintain a dry home to prevent unwanted pests.
6. Crawl spaces and basements: Crawl spaces are an excellent place for insects to breed. You should seal off crawl space vents with weather stripping, and clean out the area around your home regularly to prevent pests from getting in. You can also install a de humidifier to keep the humidity down.
7. Laundry detergent: Did you know? Insects love laundry detergent because it smells like food for them!
8. Reduce clutter: The less clutter in your home, the fewer places for insects to hide and breed. Insects will usually leave a cluttered area alone if it’s too messy or dirty for them to stay there.
What do I do if I am allergic to pesticides?
You should always inform your technician of your allergies to make sure the product they are using is labeled as safe by the EPA and Manufacturers want to protect their customers so they label their products with information and guides for Pesticide Safety, unfortunately some DIY consumers neglect to read labels before using products themselves and have a allergic reaction. A good piece of advice is to always hire a pest control professional as they are trained to read a product label for any allergens before they use the product. It is always a good practice to inform anyone applying any kinds of chemicals to your property of your chemical sensitivity
Pesticide Labels will contain information about what they can do, how to use them and what the product contains Active Ingredients and Carriers as well as how much of each is present in the product. Contact information as well as important information for your doctor or local health officials to help in an emergency.
Your Pest Control Company can use different types of pesticides on your lawn. There are many products available that will help control weeds and pests, but each one works a little differently. Before your pest control company begins using any type of pesticide product, it is important to understand how they work and what their specific application instructions are. The licensed technician uses products in a manner that is safe for children and pets and will leave instructions about safety guidelines. Improperly used products may cause a severe reaction if ingested or inhaled.
There are many different types of pesticides and they can be used in many different ways. This means that there are many different types of problems that could occur when using them. Some of the most common problems that occur when using pesticides are allergic reactions, in effectiveness and secondary poisoning. That is why it is important to use trained professional pest control companies to perform safe effective pest removal from your Charlotte County home or business, call Bug Off Pest.
What is an allergic reaction?
When a person is exposed to something such as a pesticide or herbicide they may experience symptoms such as: Itching, swelling of the eyes or face, shortness of breath and difficulty breathing. This is known as an allergic reaction EPA. Allergic reactions can be very serious if they are not treated quickly. Symptoms usually occur within minutes to hours after exposure. We always advise to use Pesticide Safety equipment like gloves and eye protection.
What is ineffectiveness?
In some cases, a pesticide may not be as effective as expected or desired. Ineffective pesticides can cause problems such as the following: Injury to humans and wildlife, for example you will see dead animals that have been poisoned by an ineffective or improperly applied pesticide.
What are some of the risks of using pesticides?
All products that are labeled as Pesticide Safety for public use can be dangerous to humans or animals. Many of these products are used in large quantities and may cause damage to people or pets that come into contact with them. Pesticides should be used only as directed by the manufacturer and those who sell them. If you do not follow directions, then there is a chance that the product will be ineffective or toxic. The following are some of the risks associated with using pesticides:
What is secondary poisoning?
Some people are more sensitive to pesticides than others. Some people may have a condition known as pesticide sensitivity which makes them very sensitive to pesticides. So Pesticide Safety procedures are very important when using pesticides .
The risk of secondary poisoning depends on many factors . It can occur if a person has been exposed to an insecticide, herbicide or fungicide in the past and it may happen again. This is why it is important to consider using a professional pest management service such as Bug Off Pest that is trained in the proper use and techniques to provide a Pesticide Safety and pest free environment.